Re: Inexistent modem device in 2.4.21-powerpc FireWire iBook?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:15:36 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:

> On Jul 18 2003, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
>> 	I think I wasn't clear enough, I did manage to unload both lp
>> and parport by doing it in the right order.  No PPC-specific black
>> magic, just my lack of knowledge paired with a lousy user interface...
>
> Hummm, to be honest, I don't know if the user interface is that lousy as
> one of the first things it told you was that it was busy...
>
> Whatever, what is sufficient for one may not even be necessary for
> others...

	Exactly.  Try to follow me in my ignorance...

	For me, busy means in use, or rather doing something.  What
could it be doing?  Nothing at all, since I have no such device.  I
didn't know how to find which modules are in use by other modules, in
fact I didn't even think about that possibility, so how could I guess
what to do?

	If there was a way of saying not that it was busy, but that
such-and-such modules depended on it, then it would have been useful
for me, apart of reporting it here...

>> and no need to reboot!
>
> The problem is that simply removing the module is not a persistent
> change and the module will be loaded in the future, if it is indicated
> for loading in /etc/modules and you reboot your system (like after you
> recompile a new version of your kernel). Remove (or comment) it from
> that file to get a tidy system.

	Not there.  Don't ask me why.

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34