Re: Inexistent modem device in 2.4.21-powerpc FireWire iBook?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:42:33PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> Em Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:44:41 -0300, Rogério Brito escreveu:
>
> > On Jul 16 2003, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> >>
> >> debian:~# rmmod parport
> >> parport: Device or resource busy
> >
> > Was there anything else using the module? What does /sbin/lsmod say?
>
> 	fuser says nothing, as per former email message.  About lsmod:
>
> lp                      7404   0  (autoclean)
> parport                28852   0  (autoclean) [lp]
>

> 	I think that was it.  Now I rmmod lp, and *then* parport.  Funny thing
> is, error message certainly could be more informative.
>
> 	Enough complaints, and thank you very much!

BTW, removing the parport module from your /etc/modules may be enough i
think, no need to remove it, as it will be there again next time you
upgrade the kernel. You would have to reboot anyway, as the module seems
to be dead, and thus cannot be unloaded.

Friendly,

Sven Luther