Re: cpufreq on TiBook II (was: Powerbook G4 getting very hot. Solution?)

On 18/07/03 14:41, Kiko wrote:
> > Is this because the the hardware in this particlar model does not support
> > changing the cpu frequency, lack of specs or what? I noticed that most of
> > the other G4 Powerbook models are supported, including Powerbook3,2 and
> > Powerbook3,4. Is there something I could do to help get this working?
>
> Well, first thing you must know: does your cpu support frequency
> scaling? Don't know if your TiBook does, I would bet it does, but really
> have no idea.

Well I don't know either, but after checking the latest 2.4.21-benh
kernel source I found that this particular model of TiBook (Powerbook3,3) is
not supported in the cpufreq code. For some reason most of the other models
are supported, both older and newer. This might suggest that the hardware
does not support scaling, but on the other hand, it would not make sense for
Apple to drop the support on only model of Powerbook.

Does anyone have more info on this?

Best wishes,

Teemu