cpufreq on TiBook II (was: Powerbook G4 getting very hot. Solution?)

On 18/07/03 10:02, Kiko wrote:
> My iBook also becomes quite hot after some time of use in this season.
> In my case, the responsible is the hard disk. I use this daemon:
> http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/cpudyn/
> that sets powersave/performance modes dynamically (I do not notice any
> performance degradation, it works quite well).

This kind of software would be very useful in prolonging the battery time,
but I noticed that it does not work in my Powerbook G4 550 Mhz (aka TiBook
II aka Powerbook3,3) due to lack of kernel support for /proc/cpufreq.

Is this because the the hardware in this particlar model does not support
changing the cpu frequency, lack of specs or what? I noticed that most of
the other G4 Powerbook models are supported, including Powerbook3,2 and
Powerbook3,4. Is there something I could do to help get this working?

Best wishes,

Teemu