Re: {firewire,modem,superdrive}problems with 2.4.21-ben2

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 20:37, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 19:52, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > So is all I can do sit and wait or would it help to supply some infos
> > > from what I get in xmon ?
> >
> > xmon infos are always useful, especially if you have loaded the
> > System.map along with the kernel (using sysmap= option in yaboot)
>
> hmm I tried to do so, but a sysmap=/boot/System.map-2.4.21-ben2 in
> /etc/yaboot.conf followed by a ybin and reboot did not help.
>
> what am I supposed to do when I am in xmon ? I thought about writing
> down the backtrace (t) which were numbers only...

Hrm... The sysmap= thing in yaboot should have turned numbers
into symbols.... Anyway, copy the numbers and if the kbd works in
xmon, copy the backtrace too and send that to me along with the
System.map

> for this firewirestuff I get something like "5d5d5d5d expected 9f5faff4"
> (don't remember the patterns).

That is typically slab poisoning I think... that is it's trying to use a
non-allocated or already-freed block of memory.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>