Re: G4 Cube and audio

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:09:58AM +0200, Michel Dnzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 05:03, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> > I've got a G4 Cube running sid, and since it's quieter and cooler than
> > my Athlon based PC, it's pretty much my primary machine at home right
> > now.  The one thing I'm missing is music.  The Cube doesn't have built
> > in audio hardware, and instead needs USB audio.  Can anybody suggest a
> > decent USB audio system that works with Linux on this machine?
>
> AFAIK USB audio is supposed to be standardized, so any device basically
> has a chance of working with the USB audio driver. Of course, that
> doesn't guarantee there aren't any vendors using proprietary
> solutions... a web research on the products you're interested in might
> be enlightening.

I have the harman/cardon soundsticks. the are said to work under linux
check for the soundsticks at http://www.harmanmultimedia.com/

i think they have a very good sound quality and the look pretty cool!
i have used them only with os X yet, but im planning to use them under
linux too. others told me the they would work. see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200301/msg00123.html

for now i have no time to try, since i am working very hard on my
diploma thesis, and i dont want to touch my ibooks configuration, but
as soon as i have finished i can tell you more.

bye clemens