Re: {firewire,modem,superdrive}problems with 2.4.21-ben2

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 19:52, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > So is all I can do sit and wait or would it help to supply some infos
> > from what I get in xmon ?
>
> xmon infos are always useful, especially if you have loaded the
> System.map along with the kernel (using sysmap= option in yaboot)

hmm I tried to do so, but a sysmap=/boot/System.map-2.4.21-ben2 in
/etc/yaboot.conf followed by a ybin and reboot did not help.

what am I supposed to do when I am in xmon ? I thought about writing
down the backtrace (t) which were numbers only...

for this firewirestuff I get something like "5d5d5d5d expected 9f5faff4"
(don't remember the patterns).

so la <number from the trace> did not do anything... what am I doing
wrong ?

> > btw, I see my logs getting filled when using ifplugd and when I am on
> > airport only with:
> >
> > Jul  6 18:20:12 no kernel: eth0: switching to forced 100bt
> > Jul  6 18:20:19 no kernel: eth0: switching to forced 10bt
> >
> > I simply removed the offending lines from the kernel then it stopped...
> > could this patch be included in your tree ?
>
> No, just ifconfig eth0 down when you don't need it

hmmh. As soon as I ran ifplugd the device is up. Don't know whether this
is a bug but as ifplugd is really useful especially in connection with
ifupdown-roaming I probably have to patch that on my own on every
update.

Best,
Soeren.