Re: Supported systems (Was: Apple PowerMac G5)

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:02:11PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:32:10 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:33:33AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >>
> >> Same difference, it's not shipping for quite some time :)
> >
> > Notice that IBM also plan to ship some ppc 970 using boxes, so these
> > would probably make decent linux boxes and support would be provided.
>
> 	I wonder how much support...
>
> 	I was checking IBM's current PPC line for a little project of
> mine, which must be deployed by mid-July and have silent systems.

At Cebit, they said they will have ppc 970 based blades, but i guess
this would not be before years end, and anyway, i am sure they were
keeping silence to enable Steve to have his moment of glory on monday.

> 	The fact is that even at their US website the information is
> sketchy.  There seems to be a preocuppation about preventing infoglut,
> but that left me in the cold.
>
> 	Considering that Debian GNU/Linux on the Apple Macintosh is
> unsupported in Europe.

Err, the apple macintosh is supported by Debian worldwide, but i guess
we don't use the same meaning to the word 'support'.

What kind of support do you need exactly ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther