Re: Gnome 2.2 Volume and Panel Questions

On 25 Jun 2003 12:05:25 +0200
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 05:19, Mannequin* wrote:
> >
> > First off, everytime I boot, or reboot the computer, when Gnome
> > starts, it always has the volume down all the way. (It doesn't do it
> > when I log out and then in again.) How would I go about getting it
> > to set the volume up automatically for me, instead of me having to
> > do it everytime.(How do I get it to save the volume level?)
>
> aumix or gkrellm-volume can do this for example.

Well, I already have gkrellm-volume, and it doesn't help the thing
remember my previous volumes. I've just installed aumix, though, and it
seems to be working.

> > Last, for some reason, it keeps on messing up the arrangment of one
> > of my Gnome Panels. It usually moves the 'Workspace Switcher' to the
> > end, displacing my clock and others. Not only that, it seems to just
> > want to move the things in between wherever it feels like too. Is
> > there any way to fix this, also?
>
> Probably a gnome-panel upstream issue.

Should I complain about this using Gnome's bugzilla? (If it hasn't
already been complained about?)

Thanks for your help.
-Mannequin