RE: Xfree86 / Debian 3.0 / ibook2 problems

El lun, 19-05-2003 a las 23:23, Gurujiwan Khalsa escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Thursday (15.05.03), at 8:28am, Pisupati, Ajay wrote:
>
> > Read Jesus Climent's most excellent page.
> > at www.hispalinux.es/~data/ibook/
> > specifically - configuring the system.
> > -ajay
>
> After installing Michel Daenzer's xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk as described on
> the above page I can at least get X to start.  However the display looks
> terrible, with lines and interference thoughout the screen.  Once I kill the
> session, the console is unusable until I reboot.
>
> It seems what works for other ibook2's does not work for mine. Would it make
> a difference that I bought my iBook in late 2002?
>
> I had quite a time trying to find specs for my ibook on Apple's website.
> Does anyone have a link to a page with that kind of information?
>
> Would 4.2 have better support for my ibook? Or should I be using
> xserver-xfree86-dri-mach64 instead?

I have it working in a ibook that I bought in December 2002. If you want
I can send you my XFree86Config-4.

Regards

Marta.
gpg pub  1024D/A2D21610 Marta Pla i Castells <Marta.Pla@uv.es>
Key fingerprint = 9578 8116 FC87 C4D2 1A5C  993F 86B4 52D2 A2D2 1610

Marta Pla i Castells (Marta.Pla@uv.es)
http://www.uv.es/~mplac
Instituto de Robótica   |   Robotics Institute
Universidad de Valencia |   University of Valencia
España                  |   Spain

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:
Whenever you say something to them, they translate it into
their own language, and at once it is something entirely different

                        Goethe.