Re: Xfree86 / Debian 3.0 / ibook2 problems

> > Thursday (15.05.03), at 8:28am, Pisupati, Ajay wrote:
> >
> > After installing Michel Daenzer's xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk as described on
> > the above page I can at least get X to start.  However the display looks
> > terrible, with lines and interference thoughout the screen.  Once I kill the
> > session, the console is unusable until I reboot.

_Exactly this_ happened to me with my brand new iBook (1 week old). I
solved it compiling FrameBuffer support in my kernel and telling XFree86
to use the FrameBuffer device:

Option "UseFBDev" "true"

> > It seems what works for other ibook2's does not work for mine. Would it make
> > a difference that I bought my iBook in late 2002?

May be, the exact model of ATI radeon 7500 may vary (mine is a M7 LW iirc).

This article (in spanish; not too dificult to understand, I guess)
explains how to configure an ATI Radeon M7 LW with 3D acceleration:
http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1634

> > I had quite a time trying to find specs for my ibook on Apple's website.
> > Does anyone have a link to a page with that kind of information?

I was able to get away with mine with the previous page and this one:

http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mmsf/ibook.html

--
Kiko