Re: Newbie problems

Alex wrote:

El Sábado, 10 de Mayo de 2003 17:36, Jule Slootbeek escribió:
I tried chmodding everything and nothing changed, i think my sound is
not configured right in my kernel. I might have to recomile (which will
be a first, but i'll have to do it eventually right?) Anywho here the
outputs

Ups! I forgot to say that I use Benjamin H. kernel. You can download it using rsync:

su
cd /usr/src
mkdir benh_kernel
ln -s /usr/src/ben_kernel /usr/src/linux
rsync -avz --delete rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh /usr/src/benh_kernel
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg kernel-image
make-kpkg modules-image #if you got something in /usr/src/modules

I'm also using the modules for my Radeon, so I have installed some sources from Michel Däenzer's repository. I followed the steps from a website, but it's in spanish :-(. Take a look at the archives of this list, or search a bit in google. If you have still problems, try asking in the list.

Best regards.

Is the Radeon standard in iBook2's? i'm not sure what settings to use in the compile, should the defaults suffice? or do i have to go through every one of them and see what it does?