Re: Procmail not picking up matches from Recipe

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 04:42  pm, Chris Tillman wrote:

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 02:25:49PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
I've set up two recipes:

:0
* ^Subject:.*test
IN-testing/

:0
* ^TO_.*@lists.debian.org
debian/

Logfile output from: tac Procmail/pmlog|less:

  Folder: /var/mail/clive
  72198
   Subject: Cron <clive@apollo> /usr/bin/getmail
   From clive@apollo Sat May 03 13:50:18 2003
   procmail: Unlocking "/var/mail/clive.lock"
   procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
   procmail: Opening "/var/mail/clive"
   procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/clive"
   procmail: Locking "/var/mail/clive.lock"
   procmail: No match on
   "(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently
   (-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?).*@lists.debian.org"
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is apparently from the TO_ macro. I don't understand
the need for the one term excluding alphanumerics. But since
the whole term is optional with ?, I don't see how it can affect
the result.

I haven't the wit to understand the macro but it seems to be peculiar to procmail AFAICT

One simple approach might be to try a simple ^To:.*@lists.debian.org
to see if that works, then building up this formula piece by piece to
see where it starts failing.

Thanks Chris, I'll try that

procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/home/clive/Procmail/rc.subscriptions"
   procmail: No match on "^Subject:.*test"
   procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/home/clive/Procmail/rc.testing"
   procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/home/clive/Mail"
   procmail: [3673] Sat May  3 13:50:18 2003

I am collecting mail every 10 minutes (cron job) and I've been sending
test messages with the subject " a test 1 " etc.  I'm also receiving

Your recipe for test says the subject must _end_ with 'test'.
I did wonder about that and tried it with *test* in the recipe which didn't seem to make any difference. Looking through the various examples it seems that procmail looks for the string and ignores what comes after - but maybe I've misunderstood - I'll have another look.

Regards

Clive