Re: Procmail not picking up matches from Recipe

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 02:25:49PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've posted this to the procmail mailing list but include it here in
> case this is a Debian specific issue?
>
> I have the following setup:
>
> Debian Woody - getmail, mutt, exim, procmail.  Mailboxes are maildir
> format AFAIK.
>
> I am a relative newbie to Linux and a novice when it comes to mail
> handling.  I've used Nancy
> McGough's guide to setting up procmail and from the logs, procmail
> appears
> to be working, except that it is not picking up matches as I would
> expect.
>
> I've set up two recipes:
>
> :0
> * ^Subject:.*test
> IN-testing/
>

> :0
> * ^TO_.*@lists.debian.org
> debian/
>
> Logfile output from: tac Procmail/pmlog|less:
>
>   Folder: /var/mail/clive
>   72198
>    Subject: Cron <clive@apollo> /usr/bin/getmail
>    From clive@apollo Sat May 03 13:50:18 2003
>    procmail: Unlocking "/var/mail/clive.lock"
>    procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
>    procmail: Opening "/var/mail/clive"
>    procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/clive"
>    procmail: Locking "/var/mail/clive.lock"
>    procmail: No match on
>    "(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently
>    (-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?).*@lists.debian.org"
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is apparently from the TO_ macro. I don't understand
the need for the one term excluding alphanumerics. But since
the whole term is optional with ?, I don't see how it can affect
the result.

One simple approach might be to try a simple ^To:.*@lists.debian.org
to see if that works, then building up this formula piece by piece to
see where it starts failing.

>    procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/home/clive/Procmail/rc.subscriptions"
>    procmail: No match on "^Subject:.*test"
>    procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/home/clive/Procmail/rc.testing"
>    procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/home/clive/Mail"
>    procmail: [3673] Sat May  3 13:50:18 2003
>
> I am collecting mail every 10 minutes (cron job) and I've been sending
> test messages with the subject " a test 1 " etc.  I'm also receiving

Your recipe for test says the subject must _end_ with 'test'.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People