Debian install on beige G3 (Of 2.4)

Hello All,

I have been trying to install debian on my beige g3 minitower (g3-400, 512
Mb Ram, 18 Gig SCSI HD, DVD-ROM) and have been painfully unsuccesful.

I had already lost my previous OS 9.2 because of an unsuccesful attempt at
putting on YellowDog Linux, and so turned to debian. I read all the stuff
about getting the OS 8 boot floopy, running SystemDisk 2.3 to patch my
OpenFirmare 2.4. I haven;t found any helpful information about Debian
install settings, such as boot file name, to specify in OF.

Then when it comes to booting from the debian install floppy i get a
default catch error in Open Firmware when i type in "boot fd:0". I have
made at least 3 copies of the bootimage in Win2000 using rawrite and same
thing happens.

Can someone who was been thru deb install on this type of machine please
give me some advice.

Best,

Simon