Re: Can't play audio CD's on G4 (woody)

This one time, at band camp, Clive Menzies wrote:
>exist" (but it does).  When I try to play a CD using Xmms it can't seem to read
>the Audio CD and suggests I make sure I have the requisite permissions

I was trying out cd playing today, and found this page:
http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:4bBr2yXQyiAC:www.powerbooklinux.net/gh.php%3Fsingle%3D18+powerbook+cd+audio+linux&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
which suggested using xmms-cdread for playing audio cds, and explains that
there is no way to directly play audio straight from the cdrom to the
soundcard, it needs to be sucked off as data and then played.  Unfortunately
this means cpu load when playing cds.

cd playing works really well now.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq