I need some help installing

Ok, So, I am verry happy with my debian installation on my x86 machine
and I was thinking since my ibook is gettin a bit old it could use
having linux on it as well.  Unfortunatley that and downloading the
sarge powerpc iso and getting it burned, that is all the progress I have
made.  I burned the ISO with xcdroast under my x86 debian installation
but it does not boot from the disk when I try on my ibook.  So, I have
read some other steps here and there as to what to do but it is not
seeming to come together for me all that well.  I would appreciate is
somebody wouldn't mind shooting over to me a quick walk-thru on how to
get the ball rolling here.  By the way, I currenlty have my system set
up with OS9 on one partition and a former OSX partition that I made a
big mess  out of (its a long story but I can not boot to the OSX
partition any longer)  I am more than happy to provide any info that may
be needed....like the fact that it is a first run ibook (I should have
mentioned that before)

Thanks,
Jason Self