Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du lundi 17 mars 2003, vers 18:11,
christophe barbe <christophe@cattlegrid.net> disait:

>> Putting fblevel 0 in the /etc/power/pwrctl(-local) sleep function seems
>> to do the trick, and also seems to hide the garbage on wakeup. :)

> Looks interesting. I have no idea which of the pwrctl_* functions to
> modify for a TiBook3. Also /etc/power/pwrctl-local doesn't exists. Is
> there a simple way to ask for fblevel 0 on suspend and fblevel 15 on
> wake up.

fblevel 15 is far too high. Copy /etc/power/pwrctl to
/etc/power/pwrctl-local, then remove every action in -local (just keep
the structure of the file) and insert your commands as you
wish. -local is called with the same arguments than /etc/power/pwrctl,
at the end of it.

If you just want to do what you say, just grab the event (first
argument I think) which is either sleep or wakeup (or some others but
you are not interested in them).

BTW, with latest DRI (or kernel), you do not need to restore the
Make it clear before you make it faster.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)