Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

OoO En cette nuit striée d'éclairs du lundi 17 mars 2003, vers 02:19,
Jack Moffitt <jack@xiph.org> disait:

> When I first shut the lid, the LCD goes off, but then comes back on for
> a bit a few seconds later briefly before shutting off again.  That seems
> strange, but again, not very troubling.

This is a bit annoying since the number of on-off cycles for a LCD
screen is limited. You may switch to console before closing the
lid. This does not work with me, so I manually do a fblevel 0 before
closing the lid (you can use the buttons on the upper left of the
keyboard to do this too).
--
BOFH excuse #339:
manager in the cable duct