Re: airport on tibook: surfing vs. ssh/scp

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 09:09:35AM -0800, Serge Rey wrote:
> i tried this last night on my tibook. upgraded OS X and the airport
> firmware went from 8.4 to 8.7.
>
> however, booting back into linux i see the browsing problem with some
> pages not loading still remains. (and the firmware is 8.7 according to
> dmesg).

So if I understand correctly the remaining issue is the one I described.

The best explanation I have found for this problem is related to MSS
clamping [1]. This could explain why not everybody is seeing the
problem. The symptoms are the same but it is difficult to explain why it
occurs only when encryption is turned on.

[1] http://home.earthlink.net/~jaymzh666/solaris/mss.html

Christophe

> on the other hand, i have noticed that the connection hasn't dropped yet
> unlike what was happening before the upgrade from 8.4 to 8.7. before it
> would drop after about 10 minutes of connection time.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
   Albert Einstein, On Science