Re: airport on tibook: surfing vs. ssh/scp

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 11:11:43AM +0000, Andrew Keedle wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:07:01 -0800
> Johannes Muelmenstaedt <jmuelmen@socrates.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>

> > When I gave my ibook an airport card, it couldn't even do icmp.
> > The orinoco driver complained about lots of unknown information
> > frames and the like.  It took me a while to figure out why ---
> > and the reason is that my airport card (bought in December 2002)
> > came with firmware version 4.16.
> >
> > Yesterday I booted up the machine in OS X, which updated the
> > firmware to version 8.70.  Now the airport card works like a
> > charm.  So I agree with the statement "New firmware good."
> >
> I agree, my airport card wouldn't do anything sensible until I installed
> OS X (dualboot) and did an update of the Airport. Now it works great!

i tried this last night on my tibook. upgraded OS X and the airport
firmware went from 8.4 to 8.7.

however, booting back into linux i see the browsing problem with some
pages not loading still remains. (and the firmware is 8.7 according to
dmesg).

on the other hand, i have noticed that the connection hasn't dropped yet
unlike what was happening before the upgrade from 8.4 to 8.7. before it
would drop after about 10 minutes of connection time.

--
Serge Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
There is no such thing as absolute certainty, but there is assurance