Re: Trouble with Dual boot MacOSX/Woody - Yaboot on G4 Gigabit

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:25:08PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> >Did you already post your yaboot.conf and /etc/fstab?
> This transcribed rather than cut and pasted and I've not included the
> comment lines
>
> yaboot.conf:
>
> boot=/dev/hda2 (where Apple_Bootstrap resides)
> magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
> brokenosx (added as a suggested fix but makes no difference)
> macosx=hd:10 (where MacOS9.2 and MacOSX reside)
> delay=5
> timeout=50
> root=/dev/hda11
> device=hd:
> image=vmlinux

This is a typo, is it not? should be image=/vmlinux

> partition=11
> label=Linux
> read-only

So, with this .conf, you get a menu with options OSX
or linux, right? l for linux loads yaboot. Is this where
the 'second stage bootstrap' error occurs?

It really seems like this could be a ybin issue; or possibly
a filesystem corruption on the bootstrap partition, since
that's where it would be loading yaboot from. It may work
manually from OF through a different code path than the CHRP
script activation.

Try, first: ybin -v to see if any errors are reported.
Then mkofboot -v so the bootstrap partition filesystem is
re-created.

> /etc/fstab looks like this:
>
> /dev/hda11	/		ext2       etc. below
> /dev/hda12	none	swap
> proc			/proc		proc
> /dev/fd0		/floppy	auto
> /dev/cdrom	/cdrom	iso9660
> /dev/hda13	/usr		ext2
> /dev/hda14	/var		ext2
> /dev/hda15	/tmp		ext2
> /dev/hda16	/home	ext2

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003