Re: any hope for ibook2 500 users and external video?

debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org wrote:

I know I've asked this before, but it's worth asking again in case of
any progress.  After all, I thought squeal-on-resume was just a fact of
life, but it appears to be fixed...

Really? What did you do to fix it? I get a noise on resume sometimes, and I have to hard reboot to get rid of it. Rather than a squeal, I prefer to call it a "Digital Clucking Chicken Sound" -- but each to his own. :)

Do you think there'll ever be any chance of us iBook2 500 users getting
external video to work?
I hope so. I sure wish my A/V port could be used in linux. It works so smoothly in MacOS -- but I hate to reboot. Beggars can't be choosers though, so I'm not really complaining.

I'd so love to be able to give presentations in Linux.  However, maybe I
should just get saving for a 12" Powerbook... :)
You mean a 14" one? My 500Mhz iBook2 has a 12" screen, and I LOVE it. I wouldn't want a bigger one. :) Again, each to his own though.

Take it easy,
-Shawn