Re: Tuxracer stopped working after the latest dri-trunk upgrade.

[Colin: see the end of this message]

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:11:41AM -0500, bill traynor wrote:
> As both of your instructions (and a few others) proved invaluable in
> getting Debian onto my iBook2, I'd be more than willing to compile an
> amalgamated HOWTO with full acknowledgement of all original authors
> contributions.  All original authors can review before it's posted
> anywhere if you like.
>
> Would this be of any value?

Certainly.  Since Sr. Climent has opened the pandora's box of copyright
and license with his assertion of the GNU FDL (albeit incorrectly
applied, as I pointed out), I suppose I need to make clear the copyright
and licensing terms on (most of) my page.

You can use the following:

  Copyright 2002 Branden Robinson.

  Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
  document provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
  preserved on all copies.

  Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
  document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also that
  the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
  permission notice identical to this one.

  Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
  document into another language, under the above conditions for
  modified versions.

Colin, do you assert copyright in the modifications you provided to my
iBook page?  As I recall they were pretty minor, but I might as well get
the Is dotted and the Ts crossed.  If you do, what license would you
like to attach to them?

You see?  Sometimes it is better if we pretend that the pink elephant of
copyright isn't in the room.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     That's the saving grace of humor:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     if you fail, no one is laughing at