Re: XFree86 4.2.99.2 / radeon 9000

Hi,

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 17:04, Ross Vumbaca wrote:

Finally, if I am not using radeonfb, and am using plain VGA console, and I load X with radeon driver, then exit X, the screen goes blank (monitor enter power saving mode) and nothing I do will bring it back.

I assume this also happens when you switch from X to console? It's
probably because the radeon driver assumes there are no PPC boxen with
VGA console, so it doesn't save and restore VGA state (because that
doesn't work on Macs in turn). Clearly a better condition than #ifdef
__powerpc__ needs to be found.

Just tested it, yep! If I switch from X to plain VGA console (while running X), it also happens. It must be what you say.

Regards,

Ross..