Re: Palette problems with XFree 4

Hi,

Michel Dänzer wrote:

I switced over to a Radeon 7000, and I am getting similar results with paletter, plus screen corruption. One interesting thing is the mouse pointer is broken up, i.e, my mouse pointer is like the below right:

  /\            \   /
 /  \   -->      \ /
  ||           ||

Hmm, weird, the radeon driver should really handle this. Is it still an
issue though? (you didn't mention this in your other post :)

I forgot to mention it, but it still happens :)

Here is my table of results:

640x480  8  - Mouse ok, Palette ok
640x480  16 - Mouse Chopped (as above), Inverted/"Rainbow" palette
640x480  24 - Block mouse, Yellow palette

800x600  8  - Mouse ok, Palette ok
800x600  16 - Mouse Chopped, Inverted/"Rainbow" palette
800x600  24 - Block mouse, Yellow palette

1024x768 8  - Mouse ok, Palette ok.
1024x768 16 - Block mouse, Inverted/"Rainbow" palette
1024x768 24 - Block mouse, Yellow palette

Block mouse means that the mouse pointer is actually a largish block, mostly white. No resemblance to a mouse pointer. Using software mouse pointer tends to fix this.

The Radeon FB Driver works for the console, for X the screen goes blank (and monitor goes into power saving mode), I can switch to the console (Alt-Ctrl-1), but going back to X on tty7, the monitor shuts down again.

Does X use a mode that the monitor should handle?

Yes the mode is within my monitors limits, I think this is related to the fact that if I change video mode with radeonfb, the screen goes to sleep until I "re-awaken" it by flicking to a different tty, then back again.

It would be great if you could test my packages from

deb	http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/		./

and see if they make any difference.

I'll do that now..

Regards,