Re: XFree86 4.2.99.2 / radeon 9000

Hi,

Eric Deveaud wrote:

What's the problem that you were having with the radeonfb driver?

While trying to include the radeonfb driver (ie CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y) I
lost the console at boot time, it stay definitevely black.

it has been corrected by BenH few times ago

I've got a problem with radeonfb whereby, if I change resolution with "fbset", the screen will go blank (monitor enters power saving mode), and the remedy is to press Alt-F2 (or whatever) to change tty, and then to change back again.

If I run X with fbdev, X will start fine, but the screen will again go blank and the monitor shuts down. Remedy doesn't work though, and if I press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill X it will come back to life (the screen).

Finally, if I am not using radeonfb, and am using plain VGA console, and I load X with radeon driver, then exit X, the screen goes blank (monitor enter power saving mode) and nothing I do will bring it back.

My collegaue has no problems with radeonfb on similar hardware, except he is using a Radeon qe, and I am using a newer Radeon 7000 VE.

Maybe I don't have BenH's fix in my kernel, would you be able to point me to it?

Thanks,

Regards,

Ross..