Re: Trying to get kdm to start

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:03:59AM -0400, Adam wrote:

> I have been trying to get kdm as my default login and i am not having
> any luck.

I managed to get it running without any configuring manually, just
installing it via dselect did the trick. Try dpkg-reconfigure kdm and
make sure to chose kdm as your default display manager when it asks you
:)

If that fails, try:

/etc/init.d/xdm stop
/etc/init.d/kdm start
update_rc.d kdm defaults

While we are on the subject of kdm, I have a slight problem.

Whenever I log out of my X server, it goes back to the kdm but mouse
doesn't work unless I restart the x server, ctrl-alt-backspace style.

Anybody got any thoughts on that?

cheers
Danial.
--
A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you.
 -- 'Programming Perl Second Edition' by Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen & Randal L. Schwartz

GPG encryption key : http://danial.customer.netspace.net.au/public.key