Re: How to switch between virtual terminals on PowerBook?

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 19:07:30 -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> So that's why it's not working, you've redirected the Option key.
>
> If you really need to do that, (I use F11 and F12 for mouse buttons
> instead),

F11 and F12 are too far, and I need them for the accented characters.

> then you'll have to switch to the mac-usb-us keymap. That's
> the map where Apple-Command=Meta instead of Alt-Option=Meta which is
> where the default mac-us keymap puts it. You can use dpkg-reconfigure
> console-data to get a nice organized list of keymaps to choose from,
> and loadkeys if you want to try one out first before changing the
> default.

Thanks, this now works.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International