Re: How to switch between virtual terminals on PowerBook?

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 15:51:16 -0500, Brian Victor wrote:
> I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this before, but have you
> tried the aforementioned keystrokes with [left] option instead of the
> apple key?  For my pismo, the apple key seems worthless, and I have to
> use the option key for meta.

Perhaps this worked in the past. But to emulate the 2nd and 3rd mouse
buttons, I had to use the two keys at the right of the space bar. The
problem is that one of these two keys (the right option key) generates
the same code as the left option key (is there a way to fix that?).
Thus the left option key also emulates a mouse button and I can't use
it to switch the virtual console for instance.

> On my pismo, opt-fn-F* switches terminals from console mode, as does
> opt-left/right.  From X, opt-ctl-fn-F* does the trick.

Here, from X, I can use the apple key instead of the option key.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International