Re: fbset problem or how to change the res?

Ron Farrer (rbf@farrer.net) wrote:

> Adding "offb:off" to the video line causes the offb to become the
> primary fb (see below), which causes the display to go blank,
> resulting in having to log in remotely and reboot the system.
>
> 'cat /proc/fb'
> 0 OFfb /bandit/3Dfx,Voodoo3
> 1 3Dfx Voodoo3
>
> 'cat /proc/cmdline'
> root=/dev/sdb4 video=tdfx:vmode=16:cmode=2,noaccel,offb:off
>
> It doesn't matter where the "offb:off" is, it still has the same effect.
>
> I haven't tried the patch.. if I can't find another way to fix this
> problem then I will...

Unchecking "force video setting" and checking "no video driver" got me a
working console again. It also gave me a working 1024x768 res on the
console and in X! So I'm sorta working now... Now if I could just get
the tdfx driver to work.

Some info:
'cat /proc/cmdline'
root=/dev/sdb4 video=tdfx:vmode=16:cmode=2,noaccel video=ofonly

'cat /proc/fb'
0 OFfb /bandit/3Dfx,Voodoo3

Why I it won't work with "no video driver" and "force video setting" I
have no idea..

Any ideas on how to get the tdfx driver working in X?

TIA,
Ron