Re: fbset problem or how to change the res?

Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@linux-m68k.org) wrote:

> Worse, it's using _both_ drivers on the same card, because tdfxfb doesn't use
> resource management yet! You can fix that by saying `video=offb:off', or
> better, try this patch (untested, please let me know whether it works):

Adding "offb:off" to the video line causes the offb to become the
primary fb (see below), which causes the display to go blank,
resulting in having to log in remotely and reboot the system.

'cat /proc/fb'
0 OFfb /bandit/3Dfx,Voodoo3
1 3Dfx Voodoo3

'cat /proc/cmdline'
root=/dev/sdb4 video=tdfx:vmode=16:cmode=2,noaccel,offb:off

It doesn't matter where the "offb:off" is, it still has the same effect.

I haven't tried the patch.. if I can't find another way to fix this
problem then I will...

Ron