Re: Airport "Tx error" problem

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 04:49:10PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Fre, 2002-03-08 at 16:08, John Goerzen wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem with my Apple Airport card in a PowerBook G4 400MHz:
> >
> > I will load the module, use iwconfig to set my key, and then try to
> > start the normal DHCP process.  The kernel logs these errors:
> >
> > eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)
> > eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)
> > eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01CF)
> > etc ...
>
> I get the same, but it works. If it doesn't for you, there's probably
> another problem.

I get the same.  The network part works, but continuously getting
those messages on the console really screws with my ability to do
things in text mode.

And what would be the point of buying an iBook2 and running a GUI?
People'd be mistaking it for OS X.  :-)   In all seriousness, the
oversensitivity of the trackpad (it registers movement before you
actually touch the surface - including having your palms above it
while typing) makes me not like running X on this guy.

Erik