Re: fbset problem or how to change the res?

Michel D?nzer (daenzer@debian.org) wrote:

> Try fbset with -a (see fbset -h or man fbset).

Interesting.. -a isn't listed in the man page (which I did read BTW.) It
is listed in the output of -h though.

Anyway, that didn't help. It still uses 640x480.

> Some people here have gotten it to work, and there's a page about how to
> do it somewhere on the web.

I've read several such pages, but most of them are for how to get things
working better AFTER X is running. As for getting X working, I've
followed the instructions to the letter. It still segfaults.

TIA,
Ron