Re: fbset problem or how to change the res?

Ron Farrer <rbf@yaveng.farrer.net> writes:

> Richard Watson (richard@doilywood.org.uk) wrote:
>
> > What do you change? Can you post the relevant bit of your XF86Config-4 ?
>
> You bet, see attached.
>
> SubSection "Display"
>         Depth           24
> #       Modes           "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864"
>         "1024x768"
>         Modes           "1024x768"
> EndSubSection

OK.

Does this produce the same blank screen? If so then I'm suspecting
that there's something wrong with what you've entered for horizontal
and vertical refresh rates and your monitor is turning itself off to
stop itself exploding.

If you stick with the original configuration can you do
Ctrl-Opt-[numeric pad Plus] (or maybe it's apple instead of Opt on
your system) to change between the defined resolutions. What does that
do? Is it using the right colour depth and driver?

--
Richard Watson
e-mail:richard@doilywood.org.uk  jabber:richard@jabber.doilywood.org.uk