Re: Fix for german keymaps in woody on the ibook2

Hi,

Siggi Langauf writes:

> Excuse my ignorance, but I've never used a Compose key, so what's it
> good for?

> Uh, and how do you get umlauts there?

Hehe.  The Compose key is used for getting Umlaute, and all those
other special characters from ISO-8859 as well.  Pressing first the
Compose key, then `"', and finally `a' yields ä, for example.  A
Compose key is very nice to have, because you will never get äöüß and
æøå and çéèà and ðþ and whatnot all on the same keyboard.

Although I prefer to use emacs with M-x iso-accents-mode where
possible, since it makes typing a good deal faster.

> Puzzled, Siggi

Helpful, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!