A happy story to end the year...

I am writing this on my freshly installed, Sid-based iBook.  You might
recall my recent laments regarding 3D acceleration on my Rage128 card...

I *finally* got everything working right!  The secret?  Search OLD debian
lists... as my ibook came out during the time of the potato release.
(very first white ibook)

Turns out, I had to disable agpgart.o (someone had me enable it... perhaps
it's needed for a newer ibook, but not mine) had to load the r128.o
module, run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to make sure the modules were
right... and run at 16bit color.  (The last took me a LONG time to
discover, but it was the final piece to the puzzle)

I will also add that Sid is VERY stable for me, and the newer packages (ie
mozilla) are really nice!!!!

Could I possibly send an email without a question?  Perhaps, but not this
one. :)  Is there a big advantage to using ALSA vs OSS?  I'm currently
using OSS, but read ALSA may be worth the hassle to configure, as it is
more CPU friendly...  Any thoughts?

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!!!!!

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director