Re: DRI not working with ATI Radeon M7

Michel,
     Considering that the drm code has changed enough in the past
that we have two versions in Linux 2.4 (legacy XFree86 4.0 and
XFree86 4.1), why wouldn't the drm code fork yet again at some
point in the XFree86 cvs? If one were running Linux 2.5 and it
was sync'd to the drm code in XFree86 drm cvs I would imagine
such problems wouldn't arise. Is the kernel drm API frozen since
4.1 so that we will never see a Linux kernel with say
XFree86 4.0 and 4.1 as legacy and XFree86 4.3 (aka drm cvs)
as the new standard drm?
                                 Jack