Re: DRI not working with ATI Radeon M7

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

[snip]

> > When X is launched, the screen just stays blank (i.e, black). When I
> > ssh the iBook from another machine, 'top' says X takes 99.9% of CPU
> > cycles. Killing -9 the 'X' process halts it, but the screen doesn't
> > return to console state, and remains black instead.
>
> Those symptoms could be caused by using the wrong radeon_drv.o . If you
> can't see a problem with that, we'll need to see your full config file
> and server log, maybe also kernel output etc.

Sure.

dmesg output is here :
http://fab.rhapsodyk.net/dri/dmesg

kernel config (latest benh patches + dri-trunk kernel modules)
http://fab.rhapsodyk.net/dri/config-fab1

X logfile :
http://fab.rhapsodyk.net/dri/XFree86.0.log

note the funny line 440 :
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (7, PCI:0:16:0), Permission denied
this is weird, since the test has beed performed as root and
/dev/dri/* have been chmoded to 777;

X config :
http://fab.rhapsodyk.net/dri/XF86Config-4

/proc/cpuinfo :