Re: ARGH, weird SCSI I/O errors on second/third drive on Debian/PPC

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 23:03:46 -0700, Jessica Blank composed:
> On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
>

> How do I know if I got it right? I wish there was a "scsidiag" program
> that would say "Your termination sucks, try this; your SCSI IDs have a
> conflict, try this..."

so do i :).

> > I think on my 8500 the original configuration had the boot drive in the middle
> > of the bus, the CD drive at one end and the host bus adapter at the other end.
> >   The CD drive was terminated.
>
> The thing that confuses me is thus: There are several termination options
> for the drive I placed at the end of the SCSI chain (read the Web page I
> referred to: http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/scsi/st15150n.html ). I
> do not know which ones are  correct. "Terminate power from drive"?
> "Terminate power to SCSI bus"? I know nothing of these things.

i think i have mine set to "from SCSI bus". and apparently that's the
only setting that will work on a mac (according to a seagate techie
i spoke with a little while back).

simon