Re: Sorted some things out

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:36:12PM +0100, Michel Lanners wrote:
> >> PlanB works? Yeah!!! You just made my day :-))

Yes, it does, mostly. I think the fact the the Voodoo3 is all messed up
endian wise is causing problems. I need to dig in and see if I can
figure out where it is that things are going awry there. I have a cam
service script I wrote in Perl that I tried running with it, and that,
well, didn't really agree with it - the Perl process landed in D state
sometime after it tried setting the window size. However, fbtv works,
just with weird colors (grayscale is OK).

> I hope somebody else (notably some engineer at Apple) knew something
> about it when it was developed, but with Apple you're never too sure :-)
>
> Then there is Takashi Oe, who helped with the development.

I may play with it further, after I straighten out this color thing. Too
bad there's not just a way to tell the Voodoo3 "treat these colors like
they're big endian - because they are"...

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net