Re: Bash commands

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:15:35PM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> On Oct 24 2002, Petro wrote:
> >     Man pages (which seem to be a dying breed)
> 	Dying? Why should they die? I happen to actually like man

    I said "they seem to be a dying breed", not "They should die a
    horrible stinking death". I like man pages. I like verbose, well
    written man pages.

    However the authors of more modern "I hate windows" software (as
    oppsoed to the authors of less modern "I love Unix" software) seem
    to think that an html page shoved off in some dusty corner of the
    filesystem is more than adequite documentation, along with the
    "help" menu item.

    They should go back to programming for windows.

> 	pages. What are the better alternatives?

    There isn't.

> 	One thing that I love about man pages is that I can format
> 	them quite nicely with the "-Tdvi" option and it comes
> 	formatted with Computer Modern, which is simply gorgeous to
> 	read in hardcopy while you're away from the computer.

    What is this "Away from the computer" thing you're talking about?

--
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and          | Quit smoking:
emotional maturity."                                         | 186d, 13h ago