Re: Bash commands

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:09:56PM +0200, Ole-Egil Hvitmyren wrote:
> Daniel Danu wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I am new to the bash and mostly Linux scripts. Where I can find useful
> >information about the bash command syntax, like
> >   exec > $build_log 2>&1    and what does it really mean?
> I would suggest a good book, if I knew one. Just don't type "man bash"
> until you're _really_ sure there's no other way out ;-)

    Try "Learning the Bash Shell", www.oreilly.com. It's not the
    greatest book around, but it'll get the job done.

> Nah, it's not that bad.

    Man pages (which seem to be a dying breed) are to help you remember,
    they are *really* hard to learn from.

--
Disobedience is in our DNA. We feel innate kinship with that | Quit smoking:
Disobedient spirit that tossed tea into Boston Harbor, that  | 185d, 7h ago