Re: Bash commands

Daniel Danu wrote:

Hi,

I am new to the bash and mostly Linux scripts. Where I can find useful
information about the bash command syntax, like

   exec > $build_log 2>&1    and what does it really mean?

Many thanks,
Dan

I would suggest a good book, if I knew one. Just don't type "man bash" until you're _really_ sure there's no other way out ;-)

Nah, it's not that bad.

In this case, I believe the script substitutes stdin with a logfile (name taken from the variable $build_log defined previously) and stderr with stdin (thus, both normal output and error messages is sent to the log file instead of the console).