New at this

I have worked a bit under linux and like it. I have spent most of my time at work on HP-UX and PC-based OSes: Red Hat and Mandrake on Intel hardware. Little to no experience with MacOS or PowerPCs in general.

Anybody familiar with PowerPC and MacOS should enjoy some laughs at my expense.

Well, I have an "old world" PowerPC 8600/250 and want debian on it. I have 160MB of RAM, so I figure I'll have a pretty decent little box. I have downloaded the first installation .iso and cut it; I don't know where to go now. I can't figure how to get it to boot from the CD I made.

Can anybody give me some advice on what to do? I think that once I get started, there are enough FAQs and threads and the like to keep me going for a while. Not being familiar with the hardware, I feel so helpless.

Thank you for your help.

Wendel Schultz
Software Developer
Application Engineering