Power PC Woody Prob - dselect -apt-get ...

I have the following problem:

After installing Woody on my G4 350 (PCI Slot), when I restarted, the base-config never happeared.

When trying to run it or dselect on get-apt I was getting the following error :

"relocation error /var/lib/dpkg/status near line one ...."

I have restored the file (status-old => staus)

I was then able to run dselect

I removed the PCMCIA package and configured the other packages.

After rebooting, I was getting the following error message when trying to run dselect
or the same other apps, it is giving me this error message:

"relocate error /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: undefined symbol; (lots of weird symbols"

I have just started using Linux (Newbie)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hugo Holdrinet

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp