Re: weird airport

On Montag, Oktober 7, 2002, at 05:05  Uhr, J. Volkmann wrote:

Hello,

Changing the state of the airport card via "iwconfig eth1 mode Ad-Hoc"
do adhoc mode works fine, we can connect afterwards.

But then the weird things begin:
1. If we trasnfer much data (e.g. scp some stuff around) after some time
the interface has a timeout and the prozess ksoftirqd_CPU0 produces
around 90% CPU usage. If I try with ifconfig eth1 down it works. But
then there is no possibility of bringing it back to life. A ifconfig
eth1 up or ifup eth1 just produces a "SIOCSIFLAGS: Connection timed
out". The eth1 is back on afterwards but not in Ad-Hoc mode, trying to
switch it to adhoc mode doesn't work. It _does_ "work", but the
output of "iwconfig" looks afterwards like this:

It can only be solved by rebooting which is hardly possible in class :-/

Try to unload the module and load it again.
I have a simmilar problem in a managed Network.

Greets, Thomas