Re: m3mirror on TiBook3

> I changed in the latest configuration:
>
> _ Set Power management support for PowerBooks
> _ Set APM emulation
> _ Set Backlight control for LCD screens
>
> Looking at the aty128fb source, I found:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK
> static int default_crt_on __initdata = 0;
> static int default_lcd_on __initdata = 1;
> #endif
>
> So, I thought that CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK was important (it wasn't set),
> but I found nowhere how to set it with "make menuconfig", except by
> enabling some of the PowerBook features above.

You should have set these config options anyway if you're compiling for a
TiBook... The backlight control is the one that switches on
CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK IIRC.

m3mirror does not poke the r128 registers itself but asks the kernel to do
so. You can try to write a version of m3mirror that does the register
tweaking itself (minus supervisor mode instructions) by taking the
appropriate code from the kernel sources. At least it worked for the
mach64 M1...

	Michael