Re: m3mirror on TiBook3

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 18:26:44 -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> I get :
> $ ./m3mirror
> ATI Rage M3 mirror tool, v0.1
> error 1074020353 getting mirror value

I got the same error in the past. From a message I posted in March:

The problem was due to benh's kernel configuration (I was told that it
was already configured, but this is clearly not the case!). The things
I changed in the latest configuration:

_ Set Power management support for PowerBooks
_ Set APM emulation
_ Set Backlight control for LCD screens

Looking at the aty128fb source, I found:

#ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK
static int default_crt_on __initdata = 0;
static int default_lcd_on __initdata = 1;
#endif

So, I thought that CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK was important (it wasn't set),
but I found nowhere how to set it with "make menuconfig", except by
enabling some of the PowerBook features above.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International