Re: [patch] pwrctl with cpu speed throttling

> >Maybe - but it's neither a defect in pmud nor XFree for all I can see. It
> >may be a problem in the kernel fb driver, or the normal side effect of the
> >display powerdown sequence (which is defined by the kernel fb driver,
> >again).
>
> What do you mean by "going noisy" ? A known problem when going

Screen flicker or pixel garbage as far as I understood.

> to sleep is XFree leaving the display in some strange state (looks
> like it restores the mode & depth registers to what they where when
> it got entered but leaves the framebuffer to it's X content, thus
> displaying garbaged display). This is just a cosmetic problem.

Might be solved by calling whatever gets called when switching from X to a
different VT (leave_vt()??)?

> The kernel driver itself kicks in very late in the sleep process
> and starts by shutting down the backlight.

I'd bet it's the above X bug, then. I'm not touching X even with a 10-foot
pole these days, so it's Michel's call ;-)

Off-topic: Anything known about the radeon LCD/CRT mirror stuff yet?

	Michael